Friday, May 18, 2012

오고 있어요? / 네. 가고 있어요. Are you coming? / Yes. I am going.

오다 and 가다 are very basic Korean verbs.
오다 means to come, 가다 means to go.
In most cases, the usage of these verbs are same with English.
Let's see the example dialog.

마이크 : 이안! 어디 가요?  Ian!  Where are you going?
이안 : 도서관에 가요.  I am going to the library.


마이크 : 한국에 언제 왔어요?  When did you come to Korea?
이안 : 어제 왔어요.  I came yesterday.

In this dialog, 가다 and 오다 have exactly same meaning and usage with English.








Let's check another dialog. This conversation is on the phone.


마이크 : 지금 어디에요?  오고 있어요?  Where are you now?  Are you coming?
이안 : 네. 가고 있어요.  5분 더 걸릴 거예요.  Yes. I am coming.  It will take 5 more minutes.

It's natural to say "Yes, I am coming" in English, but not in Korean.
Many English speaking people are confused and say "오고 있어요" instead of "가고 있어요".







Let's check another dialog. You can see the similar examples in this dialog.

마이크 : 오늘 우리 집에서 파티가 있어요. 올래요?  I have a party at my house. Do you want to come?
이안 : 몇 시 까지 가야 해요?  By what time should I come?
마이크 : 7시 까지 오세요.  Please come by 7.
이안 : 7시는 너무 빨라요. 8시에 가도 돼요?  7 is too early. Is it okay to come at 8?
마이크 : 네. 8시도 괜찮아요. 8시에 오세요.  Yes. 8 is also okay. Please come at 8.




So, what is the rule? How can I choose the right one?
Let's make it simple.
This is the rule that I found. Please note that there are some exceptions, though.
You need to pay attention the subject first. If the subject is I or We and if the subject is moving, you always need to use "가다".
In other cases, it's same with English.

Ex. (나는) 몇 시 까지 가야 해요?  By what time should I come?
      (나는) 가고 있어요.   I am coming/ I am on my way.
      조금만 기다리세요. 우리는 지금 택시로 가고 있어요.  Please wait for a moment. We are coming by taxi now.




Exercise

Please fill in blanks using 가다 and 오다. 

마이크 : 이안! 오늘 저녁에 뭐 할 거예요?   What will you do tonight?
이안 : 오늘 저녁에 동대문에               .      I will go to Dongdaemun in the evening.
마이크 : 왜 동대문에                 ?                       Why do you go to Dongdaemun?
이안 : 중국 식당에                  .                 I will go to a Chinese restaurant.
마이크 : 오, 맛있어요?                             Oh.. Is it delicious?
이안 : 네. 맛있어요. 같이            ?            Yes. It's delicious. Do you want to come together?
마이크 : 몇시에                ?                      What time will you go there?
이안 : 7시에                  .                          I will go there at 7.
마이크 : 7시는 너무 빨라요.                      7 is too early.
             8시까지                 ?                   Is it ok to go there by 8?
이안 : 네. 괜찮아요. 8시까지                 .   Yes. It's ok. Please come by 8.
마이크 : 알았어요. 빨리                  .         Ok. I will go quickly.













2 comments:

  1. Swiss replica uk watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica breitling watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guy's

    Fresh & valid spammed USA SSN+Dob Leads with DL available in bulk.

    >>1$ each SSN+DOB
    >>3$ each with SSN+DOB+DL
    >>5$ each for premium fullz (700+ credit score with replacement guarantee)

    Prices are negotiable in bulk order
    Serious buyer contact me no time wasters please
    Bulk order will be preferable

    CONTACT
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040
    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

    OTHER STUFF YOU CAN GET

    SSN+DOB Fullz
    CC's with CVV's (vbv & non-vbv)
    USA Photo ID'S (Front & back)

    All type of tutorials available
    (Carding, spamming, hacking, scam page, Cash outs, dumps cash outs)

    SMTP Linux Root
    DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2
    WU & Bank transfers
    Socks, rdp's, vpn
    Php mailer
    Sql injector
    Bitcoin cracker
    Server I.P's
    HQ Emails with passwords
    All types of tools & tutorials.. & much more

    Looking for long term business
    For trust full vendor, feel free to contact

    CONTACT
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040
    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete